Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bienvenidos y hasta luego!

Hi all and welcome to my blog! I'm off to Granada, Spain on Sunday where I'll be spending the next three months or so learning to speak Spanish and exploring Spain and Europe. Right now, I'm frantically packing and preparing - hopefully I'm not forgetting anything too big - and trying to say "goodbye" to everyone I won't be seeing until Christmas.

I'll be staying with a host-family in Granada: they have a flat on the river Gentil and I'm looking forward to a few river-walks during my stay :-). It'll be a few days before I actually reach Granada and settle-in: the program will take us to Madrid, El Escorial, and Toledo before introducing us to our host-families.

Needless to say I'm both super excited - and super nervous - to leave. Not having easy cell phone access or face-to-face contact with all my friends and family for three months is going to be difficult, but I know I'm going to have an awesome time! I'll try to keep the blog updated as best I can while I'm away. In the meantime, feel free to leave me a message and I'll try to get back to you asap!

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment